GMLutz

Default Adding icon to toolbar to send an email

Long ago, I figured out (with this group's help) how to put an icon on
my toolbar so that when I click it, it pulls up an email ready to fill
out and send -- very convenient.

I used the Tools|Customize|Commands to do this.

Since 80% of my emails go to my assistant, I wonder if there is a way
to make it even more convenient, by adding an icon that when clicked,
it pulls up an email pre-addressed to my assistant.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

George Lutz

Brod

Yes George - you are on the right track. Go to TOOLS CUSTOMIZE. In the
Categories window select EDIT. In the COMMANDS window scroll down until you
see MAIL RECIPIENT. Drag it up onto one of your toolbars. Then scroll a
little further until you see SEND NOW. Drag that up beside the other icon
and you are in business.

Clicking on MAIL RECIPIENT will open a familiar e-mail window. The depends
on what you are using for your e-mail. In my case it open a window like
Outlook Express. You will need to find your assistant's address from the
address book in the normal manner e.g. by clicking on TO:
I know of no way you can have one automatically addressed.
--
Brod

"GMLutz" wrote in message
ups.com...
Long ago, I figured out (with this group's help) how to put an icon on
my toolbar so that when I click it, it pulls up an email ready to fill
out and send -- very convenient.

I used the Tools|Customize|Commands to do this.

Since 80% of my emails go to my assistant, I wonder if there is a way
to make it even more convenient, by adding an icon that when clicked,
it pulls up an email pre-addressed to my assistant.

Your help is greatly appreciated.

George Lutz

TF

Another way to do this is to add a command to the Windows Taskbar.
Right-click on the empty desktop and select New, Shortcut. In the location
box, type in

and press Next. Enter a suitable Shortcut name - such as Mail Liz (if Liz is
the name of your secretary) and click Finish. You now have an icon on your
desktop. Drag it onto the Quick Launch area of the Taskbar.

To send an email to your secretary, just click the Icon in the Taskbar and
it will open up a blank email addressed to Liz. You can, of course, create
similar icons for several recipients by concatenating several addresses
separated by a comma.

--
Terry Farrell - Word MVP
http://word.mvps.org/