Ricardo

Default How do I stop a document shedding paragraph numbering

On several occasions, I have had to re-enter paragraph numbering on a large
document. More than once, upoon saving the document, it sheds all paragraph
numbering without any warning or any obvious reason. Any thoughts??
Charles Kenyon

See: How to create numbered headings or outline numbering in your Word
document
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html. (For
bullets see http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/bull...olbullets.html, the
subject is related.)

This is based on ...

Word's Numbering Explained
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Number...gExplained.htm

Additional information you may find useful or need is at:

How to Create a Template, Part II
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Custom...platePart2.htm

Legal Numbering
http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide/numbering.htm

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Ricardo" wrote in message
On several occasions, I have had to re-enter paragraph numbering on a
large
document. More than once, upoon saving the document, it sheds all
paragraph
numbering without any warning or any obvious reason. Any thoughts??

Stefan Blom

If numbering formatting changes when you *open* a document, the reason
could be the that the "Automatically update document styles" option in
ToolsTemplates and Add-Ins is checked. If it is, try clearing it.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP