kaye123 kaye123 is offline
Junior Member

Default Turn off date and time - macro needed for 2010?

I rarely use Word for anything other than my main project. I need to turn date and time off as letter are changing and I got caught out unable to prove I sent a letter because when I opened it the date changed. I couldn't preview it because I had to seach for it and open it. Stephan Bloom gave a macro fix for 2007. Does this apply to 2010 please?.

How will it affect my main project files please? Is it one of the other? Sounds
archaic. Cant it just be turned on and off when required?
Many thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If you simply type the date and time in your document, it will not change.

If you use Word to insert a date and time, you can set the field either
to update or not to update, but it is far simpler just to type the date
when you begin your letter.

On Saturday, June 7, 2014 1:55:45 AM UTC-4, kaye123 wrote:
I rarely use Word for anything other than my main project. I need to
turn date and time off as letter are changing and I got caught out
unable to prove I sent a letter because when I opened it the date
changed. I couldn't preview it because I had to seach for it and open
it. Stephan Bloom gave a macro fix for 2007. Does this apply to 2010
please?.
How will it affect my main project files please? Is it one of the other?
Sounds
archaic. Cant it just be turned on and off when required?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You haven't explained which specific macro you want to try, but generally
macros that insert a static date and/or time would work in Word 2010.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"kaye123" wrote in message

I rarely use Word for anything other than my main project. I need to
turn date and time off as letter are changing and I got caught out
unable to prove I sent a letter because when I opened it the date
changed. I couldn't preview it because I had to seach for it and open
it. Stephan Bloom gave a macro fix for 2007. Does this apply to 2010
please?.

How will it affect my main project files please? Is it one of the other?
Sounds
archaic. Cant it just be turned on and off when required?
Many thanks

--
kaye123

kaye123 kaye123 is offline
Junior Member

Testing Couldnt get through. Extra step needed. Captcha was black and no code. vvvvvvvvvvvv Now the message is too short to go through