In print layout view, text's hidden unless manual page break's in

Old October 14th 08, 10:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ShelleyP

Default In print layout view, text's hidden unless manual page break's in

I opened a new document and started writing in page layout view. When I got
to bottom of the page, instead of seeing a 2nd page automatically, the text
simply disappeared and page counter read 1/1. However, when I switch to
normal view, I can see all of my text. From page layout view, I can manually
insert a page break, which works fine until I edit the document above the
manual page break. Then, once my manual page break is pushed off the page,
the pages all disappear from view again. The text is still in the normal
view and I can view it again from print layout view by inserting another
manual page break, but this iterative process adds substantially to editing
time for the document. Help!
Old October 14th 08, 11:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Lene Fredborg

The following may solve the problem:
In the document where the problem occurs, select Format Columns. Make sure
"Apply to" is set to "Whole document". Click the "One" icon – also if it is
already selected. Click OK.

If the problem occurs in all new documents you create, you need to find and
open Normal.dot and make the same correction there. Save and close Normal.dot.

For help on finding and changing Normal.dot, follow the instructions in the
article:
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm

--
Regards