Watermark weirdness...?

Old November 13th 08, 06:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kenneth

Default Watermark weirdness...?

Howdy,

I was just experimenting with Word 2002's watermark function
printing to an HP Laserjet 1020.

On screen, I inserted a diagonal "DRAFT" and then printed a
sheet.

It was the right size, color, and position, but appeared as
"DR F " rather then "DRAFT." (That is, dropping the "A" and
the "T."

Next, I created a new doc, and tried again using the text
"ASAP."

In both cases, all looked fine in Print Preview.

It printed as "A A " (That is, dropping the "S" and the "P."

My next step was to try a different printer, and HP Color
Laserjet 3600N.

Again, all looked fine on screen and with Print Preview, but
when I printed "DRAFT" it appeared as "DRAFT"
^ ^ ^

where the "D", "A", and "T" were in a pale green, and the
"R" and "F" were in pale gray as they should be.

When I tried "ASAP" it printed as "ASAP"
^

where the "S" was pale green, and the other three letters
were in the pale gray.

What might be the cause of these odd problems?

Many thanks,
--
Kenneth