How do I make page breaks show in draft view

Old December 23rd 08, 08:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Joseph Lestrange

Default How do I make page breaks show in draft view

When writing in Draft View, the page breaks don't show (I'm using Word 2007,
but saving as 97-2003). How can I make them show, please? Thanks.
Old December 23rd 08, 09:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Here's what I'm seeing in Word 2007:

1. Native-format Word 2007 documents: "soft" page breaks are displayed in
Draft view regardless of settings; manual page breaks are displayed only
when nonprinting characters are displayed, and they are displayed as a short
dotted line with "Page Break" in the center.

2. Word 97-2003 format documents: both "soft" and manual page breaks are
displayed in Draft view regardless of setting, and the manual break is a
dotted line clear across the screen with "Page Break" in the center.

So, in Compatibility Mode, you should be seeing both kinds of page breaks
regardless of your view settings. I do recall, however, that there were a
lot of posts on this subject earlier, so I'm wondering if this is something
that was fixed by an update. Is your copy of Word/Office 2007 fully patched
up to date?

Note that if you want to see page breaks in Draft view in .docx documents
without displaying *all* nonprinting characters, you can choose to display
just spaces, as evidently the "Spaces" toggle also controls the page breaks.

http://word.mvps.org

"Joseph Lestrange" Joseph wrote in
message ...