kaye123 kaye123 is offline
Junior Member

Default apostrophe - Quote within a quote

Word 2010 - using Times New Roman.

I have had no problem putting curly quotes into my text until recently, although my proof reader occasionally picks them up. Usually referred to as 666 and 999.

My problem is that they often face the worng way. I tried using a space and then closing the space.(recommended by a forum user) That is ok. Plus use cut and paste as well as other manual fixes that are time consuming and annoying.

But it has to be easier. Is there a good article on this can anyone tell me please?. A search of the internet shows "Change curly quotes to straight quotes" is very complicated. If I change to strait quotes which I probably should have done, but using Times New Roman. I have half a book to change if I do this.
A lot of similar suggestions shw use tools which are no longer in 2010. However there is no longer tools. I went into file, options and proofing. I added single apotrophe facing wrong way to auto correct? It doesnt work.

Any suggestions please? Perhaps I have ticked a wrong box in advanced oprions when I reset my word programme.
Sorry for length.