Word 97 templates not working properly in Word 2003

Old April 26th 05, 02:07 AM
limited computer knowledge

Default Word 97 templates not working properly in Word 2003

I am working with Word 97 however several of our offices have upgraded to
Office 2003. The problem they have is some of the templates made in Word 97
are not working properly in Word 2003. For example, in a template that has
several drop-down lists (when opened with Word 2003), the selections in the
lists disappear. This happens when the form is filled out in Word 97 and sent
to someone else that has Word 2003 as an e-mail attachment. Is there a
reason it does this? Is there a way to fix it without having to redo the
form in Word 2003?