JJoe

Default Blank doc except for title

Hello,

I have had a very strange experience today.

I had received a Word doc in an attachement from a vendor. When I opened the
doc, all I could see was the title. I could not view the content. So I
switched to Web layout under view - I could magically see the contents but
not in the same format as was created.

I forwarded the doc to a coworker - he could see the contents without doing
anything.

I tried printing without opening by rightclicking and selecting the print
option - same result: only the title.

Can someone tell me if there is an option I need to select.

Thank you very much in advance.

JJoe

Make sure that "Drawings" is checked on the View tab of Tools | Options and
"Drawing objects" on the Print tab. Failing that, it's possible that all the
content is in a "Background," which is viewable only in Web Layout view and
will not print. An interesting idea.

"JJoe" wrote in message
Hello,

I have had a very strange experience today.

I had received a Word doc in an attachement from a vendor. When I opened

the
doc, all I could see was the title. I could not view the content. So I
switched to Web layout under view - I could magically see the contents but
not in the same format as was created.

I forwarded the doc to a coworker - he could see the contents without

doing
anything.

I tried printing without opening by rightclicking and selecting the print
option - same result: only the title.

Can someone tell me if there is an option I need to select.

Thank you very much in advance.

JJoe

JJoe

Hello Suzanne,

Thank you very much for your continued response to my query. The 'Drawings'
is checked on the View tab of Tools | Options. However, I am still unable to
see the content. But if I forward this doc to a coleague, he can ope it and
view the contents without any problem. He is on XP Pro and I am on Windows
2000 - not sure if this makes a difference.

Thank you,

JJoe
"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Make sure that "Drawings" is checked on the View tab of Tools | Options
and
"Drawing objects" on the Print tab. Failing that, it's possible that all
the
content is in a "Background," which is viewable only in Web Layout view
and
will not print. An interesting idea.

so
all may benefit.