Ward

Default e-mailing merged letters

dUsing a tip in this newsgroup, I now have a macro which takes a merged
document and parses it into individual letters. The individual letters are
saved as individual files. So if my merged document has 50 letters, I use
the macro to create 50 documents representing each letter.

Now, I want to e-mail these documents. What is the best way for taking what
I have so far and e-mailing to the recipients? Some of the posting talk
about using spreadsheets. If thats the way to do it, how do you do it?
Thanks.

--
Regards,

Ward
Anne Troy

Word 2003's help on mail merge to email recipients:
Create and distribute merged e-mail messages
You can use the Mail Merge task pane to create a group e-mail distribution.

Note Your system must include a MAPI-compatible e-mail program, such as
Microsoft Outlook.

1.. On the Tools menu, point to Letters and Mailings, and then click Mail
Merge.
2.. Under Select document type, click E-mail messages.
The active document becomes the main document, where you will type the
body of your e-mail message.

3.. Click Next: Starting document.

4.. *******************
~Anne Troy

5.. www.OfficeArticles.com

6..

"Ward" wrote in message
dUsing a tip in this newsgroup, I now have a macro which takes a merged
document and parses it into individual letters. The individual letters

are
saved as individual files. So if my merged document has 50 letters, I use
the macro to create 50 documents representing each letter.

Now, I want to e-mail these documents. What is the best way for taking

what
I have so far and e-mailing to the recipients? Some of the posting talk
about using spreadsheets. If that's the way to do it, how do you do it?
Thanks.

--
Regards,

Ward

Doug Robbins

See the article "Mail Merge to E-mail with Attachments" at

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.