word 2007--change copy from 1/2 of width of page to full width of page?

Old February 12th 07, 04:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected]

Default word 2007--change copy from 1/2 of width of page to full width of page?

I have Word 2007. I have just downloaded text from Internet mail and
copied to Msft. Word 2007.

When the text appears on a page, only one/half of the page width is
filled with text. I have adjusted the margins of the page so that
there are small margins on the right & left side.

I CAN adjust the width of the text by going to end of each line &
pressing the delete key so that the entire line is then filled with
text.

However this is cumbersome. I am therefore writing asking if I
highlight the entire Word document can I then adjust the width of the
text copy on a page using a single command?

I hope I have explained my question clearly. If not, please advise!

best, Aaron

Old February 12th 07, 04:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

That happens sometimes. It's not a Word thing. It's because of the email
formatting. If you turn on the non-printing characters you'll see either
or a bent arrow. That's what's causing the new lines.

Try doing a find and replace. Find that symbol, replace it with nothing or a
space.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

ps.com...

Old February 12th 07, 04:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman

See http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Format...eanWebText.htm for a
full description.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Sun, 11 Feb 2007 22:38:23 -0500, "JoAnn Paules [MVP]"
wrote:

That happens sometimes. It's not a Word thing. It's because of the email
formatting. If you turn on the non-printing characters you'll see either
or a bent arrow. That's what's causing the new lines.

Try doing a find and replace. Find that symbol, replace it with nothing or a
space.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

ups.com...

Old February 12th 07, 05:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
[email protected]

To JoAnn & Jay: thank you for your super quick replies. I went to
the website that Jay posted & used the PASTE SPECIAL and AUTO FORMAT
functions that the site suggested and IT WORKED. 100,000 Thank
Yous! Aaron

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

On Feb 11, 7:59 pm, Jay Freedman wrote:
Seehttp://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/CleanWebText.htmfor a
full description.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

wrote:
That happens sometimes. It's not a Word thing. It's because of the email
formatting. If you turn on the non-printing characters you'll see either
or a bent arrow. That's what's causing the new lines.

Try doing a find and replace. Find that symbol, replace it with nothing or a
space.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

ups.com...

Old February 12th 07, 03:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules

Thank you, Jay. I didn't have that link handy. :-)

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~

wrote:

That happens sometimes. It's not a Word thing. It's because of the email
formatting. If you turn on the non-printing characters you'll see either
or a bent arrow. That's what's causing the new lines.

Try doing a find and replace. Find that symbol, replace it with nothing or
space.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]