Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ken R Ken R is offline

Default Where did they hide "Insert Filename"? in Word 2007

Can anybody tell me where the idiots at Microsoft hid the command that used
to be in the "insert" pulldown menu for "filename".
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Luc[_2_] Luc[_2_] is offline

Ken,
Try this:
Insert tab - group Text | click arrow next to Object - choose Text from
File - select your file.

--
Luc Sanders
MVP - PowerPoint
Can anybody tell me where the idiots at Microsoft hid the command that
used
to be in the "insert" pulldown menu for "filename".

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

There was never an 'insert filename' on the insert menu of Word. There was
an Insert File (which Luc has addressed) and an Insert field filename and
an insert autotext filename.

Both the latter are now on the Insert Quickparts tools 'Field' and
'Building Blocks Organizer (equivalent to autotext) are at the bottom of the
window.

Or simpler still - press CTRL+F9 and between the brackets {} type Filename
or Filename \p (for the path) then press F9 to update.