Chapters Will Not Show Up in Page Numbering

Old September 3rd 08, 04:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cheryl

Default Chapters Will Not Show Up in Page Numbering

I am working on a document with Headings and page breaks. I am trying to
insert a page number in the footer, and I am including the Chapter number.
However, when I go to insert the page (which should say 1-1) all it says is
1, and the Chapter number does not show up. What am I doing wrong?
Old September 4th 08, 01:46 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom

Are the headings outline-numbered? Did you remember to set the "Include
chapter number" option in the Page Number Format dialog box for each Word
section? For more, see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/numbering/chapternumber.htm.

--
Stefan Blom