Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Hesham Ghaleb

Default Page numbering to be Page X of Y with Odd Page section break

Hi,

I have a document that has two sections. The section section is after an Odd
Page section break. What I want to achieve is have the page numbering for
each section as No of page in current section/Total pages in section.

If I try to restart the numbering on the Odd Page (e.g. Page 5) to start
from 1, I lose the blank page at Page 4.

I would appreciate any help on this. I have been trying for 3 days to do
this. I do not want to use macros.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?SGVzaGFtIEdoYWxlYg==?=,

I have a document that has two sections. The section section is after an Odd
Page section break. What I want to achieve is have the page numbering for
each section as No of page in current section/Total pages in section.

If I try to restart the numbering on the Odd Page (e.g. Page 5) to start
from 1, I lose the blank page at Page 4.

I would appreciate any help on this. I have been trying for 3 days to do
this. I do not want to use macros.

I seem to recall seeing this complaint before. You could try using an IF field
to calculate whether there's an odd number of pages, and if there is, generate
an additional page, so that you always have an even number of pages in that
section.

{ IF { = MOD({ PAGE }, 2) } 0 "[Press Ctrl+Enter to create a page break]" ""
}

Remember: you have to use ctrl+F9 to insert the field bracket pairs { }.

Ctrl+A, F9 to force the fields to update.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)