Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
stephanie stephanie is offline

Default Another Multi-Document TOC Question

I have 7 volumes (separate docs). In volume 1 I have a master TOC
(containing data from all 7 volumes) as well as the TOC for Vol I. Don't
ask...

The master TOC is working well, bringing in the TOCs from the other volumes.
HOWEVER, the TOC for volume 1 is also bringing in the data from the other
volumes.

WHY?! And, how do I stop it from doing that? The Vol I TOC should only
contain the data from Vol I.
--
Steph

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
stephanie stephanie is offline

{ TOC \h \z \t "Heading 1,2,Heading 2,3,Heading 3,4,Glossary,1" }
That's for Vol I TOC.

The master TOC is similar...removing headings 2 and 3 and adding a couple
more.
--
Steph

"Stephanie" wrote in message
I have 7 volumes (separate docs). In volume 1 I have a master TOC
(containing data from all 7 volumes) as well as the TOC for Vol I. Don't
ask...

The master TOC is working well, bringing in the TOCs from the other
volumes.
HOWEVER, the TOC for volume 1 is also bringing in the data from the other
volumes.

WHY?! And, how do I stop it from doing that? The Vol I TOC should only
contain the data from Vol I.
--
Steph

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Well, if you're NOT using RD fields for the Volume I TOC, then I don't see
how it can be pulling in other docs, but I believe the recommendation is
that the TOC with RD fields be in a separate document from all the rest, so
that might have something to do with it.

"Stephanie" wrote in message
Yes.
--
Steph