Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
casey casey is offline

Default Gray Line at Bottom of page

I made a Table of Contents Page and for some reason there is a gray line
appearing on top of the footnote part. I don't want it to be there and for
some reason I can't find a way to delete it. It shows up on the print preview
as well. I have no footnotes in there so I can not go into ViewFootnotes. I
don't know what to do. Please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Casey,

Could it be something in the page footer, rather than a footnote? See what turns up by double-clicking on the item or by going into
the Header/Footer view.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Casey" wrote in message ...
I made a Table of Contents Page and for some reason there is a gray line
appearing on top of the footnote part. I don't want it to be there and for
some reason I can't find a way to delete it. It shows up on the print preview
as well. I have no footnotes in there so I can not go into ViewFootnotes. I
don't know what to do. Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
casey casey is offline

Well yeah the sits above the "page number" but within the footer area and
moves when you try to adjust the height of the footer, but I can not remove
that line. I do not know how for some reason it wont go away.