Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Default Word 2003 messes up my page numbering

I use Word 2000. I saved a document onto my USB drive. I went to
school, plugged in the USB, and opened the document. The school
computers have Word 2003 on them. I worked on the document. When it
was finished, I inserted page numbers into the footer. Instead of
numbering the pages from 1-207, it started each section over again.
I'm not sure if it started renumbering each time it got to header 2,
header 3, or a page break.

I couldn't get the numbering to go straight through, so I printed the
document without page numbers. This is a PITA.

I'd like to know how to open my documents WITHOUT adding in the
new-fangled Word 2003 features. Like messed up page numbers. Is
there a setting that will let me preserve the features that I like and
that are in my Word 2000 documents?

*(((({