Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Default Multiple "OR" statements in a single "IF" statement

I've got a document that would be MUCH easier if I could just do
something like {IF { MERGEFIELD FieldName} = "A" or "B" or "C" or "D"
then "Print this text" otherwise "print this text"} - I've seen some
pretty complex nested IF statements. Is there an easier way to do
this? Maybe Microsoft could help enhance this capability in the
future. Any thoughts?