Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
help please help please is offline

Default Can i create a button on my first page to jump to a later page?

I have microsoft word and in my document i have different sections. I would
like to have buttons next to each topic on the table of contents to jump to
the desired section. Can I do this and if so how?
Thank you
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

TOC entries are by default hyperlinked to the corresponding headings in Word
2000 and above. In earlier versions the page numbers are hyperlinked. In
Word 2002 and above, you have to press Ctrl while clicking on an entry (or
any other hyperlink) to follow it (unless you have changed this setting in
Tools | Options | Edit).

If the built-in hyperlinks do not suffice for you, it would be rather
difficult to insert MacroButtons or other hyperlinks to a TOC field.