Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jake Jake is offline

Default Remarks feature - weird behaviour...

Hi,

We're using Word 2003 and our teachers use Word's 'Remarks' feature to
insert comments in student works.

However from time to time quite a few experience that the remarks
display at the bottom of the page instead of as expected within the side
margins and also sometimes the remarks don't show ut when printing the
document.

How can we avoid these problems while still using the Remarks feature..?

rgds jake
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Unless you're using some other language version of Word, this feature is
called Comments. Comments are displayed in the Reviewing pane when it is
displayed, but also in the margin if you're using balloons and are in Print
Layout view. If you are in Normal or another view, balloons are not shown,
and the comments can be seen only in the Reviewing pane.

Comments will be printed only when you print "Document with markup," which
is the default selection if you have markup displayed on screen (Final
Showing Markup or Original Showing Markup). If you are in Final (or
Original) view when you print, comments will not be printed. If there are
too many comment balloons to fit in the allotted margin area (stated in
Tools | Options | Track Changes as a percentage), the overflow will be
printed at the end of the document.