Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JRS JRS is offline

Default table of contents link

Hi. I am trying to have my tble of contents blue font so that when I click
on it it takes me to that section in my doc. Is that possbile? thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

TOCs are hyperlinked by default in Word 2000 and above, and in all versions,
even if you decline hyperlinking of the entries themselves, the page number
is hyperlinked. The entries will not, however, be blue and underlined
(except on a Web page) even though the Hyperlink character style is applied.
This is because Word is formatting for a printed document. When you mouse
over an entry, you should get the hand and a ScreenTip that says "CTRL +
Click to follow link."

"JRS" wrote in message
Hi. I am trying to have my tble of contents blue font so that when I
click
on it it takes me to that section in my doc. Is that possbile? thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JRS JRS is offline

thanks. I tired that and when I hot control and enter....it splits the TOC
and I loose some of the letters

"JRS" wrote in message
Hi. I am trying to have my tble of contents blue font so that when I
click
on it it takes me to that section in my doc. Is that possbile? thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod macropod is offline

Hi JRS,

Suzanne did say "CTRL + Click". Ctrl-Enter inserts a page break!

Cheers
--
macropod
[MVP - Microsoft Word]