Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Klines Klines is offline

Default How do I save a Word document that only shows the side bar for cha

I tried the macro suggested and it only worked for viewing the document. It
did not save the change so anyone viewing the document still could see the
balloons.

Any help would be much appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

Settings to view tracked changes reside on the computer being used, not
within the document. Anyone viewing the document will need to have their
options set correctly to view the balloons. The document will not override
their computer's view options.

Sorry.

"Klines" wrote:

I tried the macro suggested and it only worked for viewing the document. It
did not save the change so anyone viewing the document still could see the
balloons.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

Even though Word can't make the balloons show permanently, if you set your
options so that the balloons are showing, and then create a PDF, the PDF will
show the balloons in a way that anybody who views it can see them.