Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
suzie marie suzie marie is offline

Default Removing spaces in pasted text.

I am using Word 2003. I pasted a list of names into a new doc. The original
doc had some spaces (paragraphs?) in it, and I wanted to remove them. Some of
the spaces I could remove, the others skip past the empty space and attach
themselves to the end of the next line up. I didn't create the original list,
so I'm not sure if it was created with the ENTER key or by formatting. I
tried activating the paragraph icon, and the list doesn't include a double PP
marker. I also tried removing the PP marker, but it didn't work. Some of the
names that are correct (without a line space) have a return mark after them,
some have a larger PP mark, but the ones I'm having trouble with have a
smaller PP mark. I know this is confusing but I would appreciate help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Tom Conrad Tom Conrad is offline

Each paragraph can set space before and after the paragraph. These settings
can be set as points or lines before/after the paragraph.

For a quick fix, select the offending paragraph(s). The next steps will
reset the paragraphs to your normal (paragraph) style, and strip off all
paragraph, character and direct formatting. So long as your Normal paragraphs
style doesn't have before/after spacing set, your problem should be solved.

Select the offending paragraph(s) using the mouse (or cursor keys).
While the text is selected press the 3 key combinations shown below.

Remove paragraph or character formatting.
CTRL+SPACE BAR

Remove paragraph formatting.
CTRL+Q

Set Normal style