Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
aoneal7 aoneal7 is offline

Default Duplex Printing: Control of Inside and Outside Margins

How can I control what pages to which Word applies inside and outside when
setting up a document for duplex printing?

If I enter a wider margin for outside, I expect that to be applied to the
left (binding edge) of odd pages. Word instead applies the outside margin to
the right edge. I did a workaround of swapping my outside and inside margins,
but seems like I should be able to better designate my margins.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

aoneal7 wrote:
How can I control what pages to which Word applies inside and outside
when setting up a document for duplex printing?

If I enter a wider margin for outside, I expect that to be applied to
the left (binding edge) of odd pages. Word instead applies the
outside margin to the right edge. I did a workaround of swapping my
outside and inside margins, but seems like I should be able to better
designate my margins.

Your expectation is wrong. The binding edge is the "inside" margin. This
applies to all book binding, not just in Word.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peter A Peter A is offline

In article , aoneal7
@discussions.microsoft.com says...
How can I control what pages to which Word applies inside and outside when
setting up a document for duplex printing?

If I enter a wider margin for outside, I expect that to be applied to the
left (binding edge) of odd pages. Word instead applies the outside margin to
the right edge. I did a workaround of swapping my outside and inside margins,
but seems like I should be able to better designate my margins.

The outside margin is SUPPOSED to be applied to the right (away from the
binding) edge of odd pages.

--
Peter Aitken
Author, MS Word for Medical and Technical Writers
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
aoneal7 aoneal7 is offline

"Jay Freedman" wrote:
"Your expectation is wrong. The binding edge is the 'inside' margin. This
applies to all book binding, not just in Word."

Doh! Just call me Homer.

Thanks,

aoneal7

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

aoneal7 wrote:
"Jay Freedman" wrote:
"Your expectation is wrong. The binding edge is the 'inside' margin.
This applies to all book binding, not just in Word."

Doh! Just call me Homer.

Thanks,

aoneal7

No problem... As I sometimes tell my wife, "No, your *other* left." :-)

Jay