TM

Default Two ?'s for creating checkboxes

1)
I am creating a form that uses MANY pages of checkboxes and comment areas. I
have seen one similar to this but need to modify it; I really liked the fact
that when you clicked on a blank, black checkbox, they turned Bold, Red, and
with a Bold Check in the box. Is this difficult to do?

2)
Also, the entire form must be able to add comments anywhere needed... Is
there a trick to this?
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?VE0=?=,

I am creating a form that uses MANY pages of checkboxes and comment areas. I
have seen one similar to this but need to modify it; I really liked the fact
that when you clicked on a blank, black checkbox, they turned Bold, Red, and
with a Bold Check in the box. Is this difficult to do?

I'm guessing this might be a variation on the standard FAX templates that come
with MS Word. Do you have any idea if there are macros in this form you've
seen?

I think you'll find an explanation of how this approach works on the
word.mvps.org website. Basically, it's a MacroButton field. (double-)clicking
on it runs a macro that inserts a different AutoText entry in its place. The
displayed text for the field is a checked / unchecked SYMBOL, formatted as you
prefer.

There is no way to do what you describe using the form field checkboxes.

2)
Also, the entire form must be able to add comments anywhere needed... Is
there a trick to this?

Comments, as in Insert/Comment? No, this cannot be used with forms protection.
OTOH, if all you're using/needing are Macrobutton fields for checkboxes, then
you can use Comments.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Charles Kenyon

There are a number of ways to create and use clickable checkboxes in
documents / templates. Some require protected or locked forms, others do
not. Take a look at the Checkbox template available at
http://www.addbalance.com/word/downl...#CheckboxAddIn for an exploration
of these. It includes checkboxes similar to those you describe, and Cindy is
right that they are a variation on what is used in the FAX templates.

--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.