Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
spences10 spences10 is offline

Default Extracting Headers and Body text from MS Word to use in Excel

Hi All,

Does anyone know of any code examples of Excel extracting Headers and
Body text from MS Word which can be used and manipulated by excel?

So say if I had header 1,2,3,4 in the MS Word document, and I want to
have the header and body text from header 2 & 4 say to be
concatenated
or displayed in the same text box in an Excel UserForm - I am
assuming
this is possible, but have no idea where to start.

Can anyone help me please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.vba.beginners
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Before we go too far astray here, let's agree on terminology:

- When you say "header", do you mean what Word calls a "header" -- an area
at the top of each page, whose contents repeat on each page of an entire
section -- or do you mean "heading", a paragraph somewhere in the page that
has a specific style such as "Heading 1"? These things are very different;
in VBA terms, they belong to different objects and require very different
code.

- When you list numbers like "1,2,3,4" -- assuming you really meant
"headings" and not "headers" -- are you referring to their order in the
document or to the outline level of their styles ("Heading 1", "Heading 2",
etc.)? If the former, then are all the headings in the same style?

Finally, this topic belongs in one of the programming newsgroups, so I'm
setting the Followup field to microsoft.public.word.vba.beginners.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman