Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
WordDork WordDork is offline

Default W2000-W2003 Compatibility

I've recently updated from Office 2K Premium to Office 2003 SP2. My OS is XP
Pro SP2. All current XP and Office updates have been installed. When I
receive documents that were created using Word 2K I'm unable to open them.
When I create a Word 2003 document and send it to co-workers they can open it
using Word 2K. But, when they send that same document back to me I'm unable
to open it. Do I need to roll back to Office 2K? Any information would be
great.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules[_2_] JoAnn Paules[_2_] is offline

I used to switch back and forth between Word 2000, 2002, and 2003 with no
difficulty.

What happens when you try to open them?

--

JoAnn Paules
Microsoft MVP - Publisher

How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

"WordDork" wrote in message
I've recently updated from Office 2K Premium to Office 2003 SP2. My OS is
XP
Pro SP2. All current XP and Office updates have been installed. When I
receive documents that were created using Word 2K I'm unable to open them.
When I create a Word 2003 document and send it to co-workers they can open
it
using Word 2K. But, when they send that same document back to me I'm
unable
to open it. Do I need to roll back to Office 2K? Any information would
be
great.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
WordDork WordDork is offline

Throws an error that says something to the effect of ...can't find the file
yada, yada, yada... But, when my co-worker sends a doc from Outlook I can't
open it. When the doc is sent using Yahoo mail I can open it fine. Now I'm
more confused.