Chad Harris

Default Copy/Pasting a .pdf into Word: Justification Problems

Word 03/MOS 03 Pro on Win XP SP2 Box.

I started with a .pdf document that I wanted to paste into Web based email
(Yahoo). I got the effect where paragraphs and lines weren't justified--I
get one line and two words of the next/one line and two words of the next.
So I tried to paste it into Word which does not help. I know that there are
3rd party PDF to Word converters like Scansoft's but is there any other way
to do this using any features native to Word?

Tia,

Chad Harris

TF

Chad

Not that I have ever seen or heard about. I think one of the main points of
PDF is to make this as difficult as possible!

Terry Farrell

:
: I started with a .pdf document that I wanted to paste into Web based email
: (Yahoo). I got the effect where paragraphs and lines weren't justified--I
: get one line and two words of the next/one line and two words of the next.
: So I tried to paste it into Word which does not help. I know that there
are
: 3rd party PDF to Word converters like Scansoft's but is there any other
way
: to do this using any features native to Word?
:
: Tia,
:
: Chad Harris
:
:

Chad Harris

Terry --

In that vein my question probably sound pretty simple minded, but I want to
be clear. It's not a .pdf formatted so I can't copy and paste--the document
isn't protected in that way whatever is the proper Adobe term for that. I
can select all or use the copy tool that gives you a cursor but it's hard
to do that because it doesn't auto scroll well and scripts--but when I get
the content it is regular line then to words, and so on.

Thanks,

Chad Harris
"TF" terryfarrell%40%6d%73%6e%2ecom wrote in message
[...]

Graham Mayor

What you have to bear in mind is that a pdf file is not a text document, bit
a graphical representation of the original document and is not intended to
be edited. You must expect to do some re-editing if you use copy/paste. Even
converters will not be 100% accurate.