Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MaryL MaryL is offline

Default Any way to suppress page numbering on specific pages?

In WordPerfect, I can suppress page numbering on specific pages (not just
the first page). This does not disrupt page numbering in earlier or later
pages. Is there any way to do this in Word? For example, I may have a
flyer in a newsletter and not want numbering to print on that page. I have
only found a setting under the Setup tab to suppress a page number on the
first page. I am using Word 2007 but use "compatibility mode" for Word
97-2003 so I can email it to our church secretary.

Thanks,
MaryL

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If you want to hide the page number for a specific page, you can nest the
PAGE field within an IF field, for example like this:

{ IF { PAGE } = 12 "" "{ PAGE }" }

The alternative is to add section breaks and then hide the page numbering
for that section.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

In WordPerfect, I can suppress page numbering on specific pages (not just
the first page). This does not disrupt page numbering in earlier or later
pages. Is there any way to do this in Word? For example, I may have a
flyer in a newsletter and not want numbering to print on that page. I
have only found a setting under the Setup tab to suppress a page number on
the first page. I am using Word 2007 but use "compatibility mode" for
Word 97-2003 so I can email it to our church secretary.

Thanks,
MaryL

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
MaryL MaryL is offline

How can I hide page numbering within a specific section? That sounds like
it would work well for what I need?

Thanks,
MaryL

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Numbering/PageNumbering.htm for the general
principles. You need to unlink the given section from the ones preceding and
following, then delete the PAGE field in that section.

http://word.mvps.org