Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
DanTheManWI

Default How do I assign a specific printer to a specific Word document?

Is it possible, and if so, how do you assign a specific document to always
and only us a specific printer other than the default printer setup on your
computer? In other words, I want to use the default printer I have set up on
my computer for all Word documents EXCEPT a few that I want to always print
to different printer by default. Can that be set up for that specific
document to work automatically?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dawn Crosier

I think you will find this page helpful. I would experiment with
storing the code in the ThisDocument module for the document you want
to print.
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MacrosVBA/...tSavePrint.htm

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message is posted to a newsgroup. Please post replies and
questions to the newsgroup so that others can learn as well.

"DanTheManWI" wrote in message
news
Is it possible, and if so, how do you assign a specific document to
always
and only us a specific printer other than the default printer setup
on your
computer? In other words, I want to use the default printer I have
set up on
my computer for all Word documents EXCEPT a few that I want to
always print
to different printer by default. Can that be set up for that
specific
document to work automatically?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Word does not store the printer information with the documents. It is
possible, has Dawn has indicated to intercept the print command, by using
code in the document, but this will introduce security related issues. The
simplest solution is to add a printers toolbar and use the method suggested
at http://www.gmayor.com/fax_from_word.htmt to direct the output to the
required printer.