susancaseycpa

Default what font can be used to make numbers line up in columns in Word

we are having problems with lining up numbers in word - for example
1,234
1,2434
what font should we use that will line up numbers
garfield-n-odie

What kind of number is "1,2434"? If you're typing columnar data by
tabbing from one column to the next, then set up decimal tabs instead of
regular tabs. But for columnar data, it might be easier to use set up a
table with the desired number of columns and no borders, and right-align
the numeric columns.

susancaseycpa wrote:

we are having problems with lining up numbers in word - for example
1,234
1,2434
what font should we use that will line up numbers

Jezebel

Nearly all fonts, regardless of their text spacing, using constant widths
for digits.What problem are you having? Your digits are lined up vertically,
albeit flush left, in your message as I see it.

Perhaps you should experiment with decimal tabs?