Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JeffH JeffH is offline

Default Check boxes don't line up

I have form that has three column of check boxes. Unfortunately the check
boxes don't line up and it looks very unprofessional. How can I get the
check boxes to appropriately line up vertically?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: Check boxes don't line up

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with the check boxes not lining up properly. Here are some steps you can take to fix this issue:
  1. Select all of the check boxes that you want to align. You can do this by clicking and dragging your mouse over all of the check boxes, or by holding down the Ctrl key and clicking on each check box individually.
  2. Once you have all of the check boxes selected, right-click on one of them and choose "Format Control" from the context menu.
  3. In the Format Control dialog box, click on the "Control" tab.
  4. Under the "Alignment" section, you should see options for "Vertical alignment" and "Horizontal alignment". Make sure that the "Vertical alignment" is set to "Top" and the "Horizontal alignment" is set to "Left".
  5. Click "OK" to close the Format Control dialog box.
  6. If the check boxes still aren't lining up properly, you may need to adjust the size of the cells in your table. To do this, select the entire table and then right-click on it. Choose "Table Properties" from the context menu.
  7. In the Table Properties dialog box, click on the "Row" tab.
  8. Under the "Size" section, you should see options for "Row height" and "Specify height". Make sure that the "Specify height" option is selected, and then adjust the row height to a size that will accommodate the check boxes.
  9. Click "OK" to close the Table Properties dialog box.

By following these steps, you should be able to get your check boxes to line up properly and make your form look more professional. Let me know if you have any other questions or if there's anything else I can help you with!
__________________
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

JeffH wrote:
I have form that has three column of check boxes. Unfortunately the
check boxes don't line up and it looks very unprofessional. How can
I get the check boxes to appropriately line up vertically?

Essentially they behave like large characters, so set a tab stop at the same
place in each paragraph and insert a tab to the left of each checkbox to
make it align at the tab stop.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dslocum[_17_] dslocum[_17_] is offline

Don't know if this is what you are looking for but, select the
checkboxes you want to align, then click the Page Layout tab. In the
Arrange group at the far right-hand side of the ribbon, click the Align
drop-down arrow and choose the alignment of your choice.

d.

--
dslocum