Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
csr1176 csr1176 is offline

Default adding thousand separators in ms word

I created a 100 page technical document with many numbers included. As I
wrote it, I did not include any comma separators with the larger numbers.
Now I need to go in a replace them. Is there a quick and easy way to do this
or do I have to make all changes by hand. Since this will use up a great
amount of time, I hope there is a quick method to do this.

In other words, I need to change numbers like 12345 to 12,345 but also need
to be careful the year is not changed from 2008 to 2,008.

My deepest thanks to anyone who can help out.