Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jeremy

Default I need Microsoft equations editor 3.0 but don't have CD to dnload

I don't have my Microsoft office Cd and I need to install Microsoft equation
editor 3.0 Does any one know how I can go about getting this with out have
to pay for the cd again.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cooz

Hi Jeremy,

I don't know whether you know about the Eq-field; this may be an alternative
if you cannot lay your hands on the equation editor.
It is not as powerful, but may work for you, depending on what you wnat to do.
Choose Insert | Field... | Eq under 'Field names:'
Click Field codes and click Options... to add various switches. Of course
the Word help can assist.

Good luck,
Cooz
--
PS: If this is a satisfactory answer to your question, and you are logged in
via Microsoft, please press the "Yes" button next to "Did this post answer

"Jeremy" wrote:

I don't have my Microsoft office Cd and I need to install Microsoft equation
editor 3.0 Does any one know how I can go about getting this with out have
to pay for the cd again.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

First, make sure that EE is not installed. Go to Insert | Object | Create
new and make sure that Microsoft Equation 3.0 is not listed. If it is not,
go to http://www.dessci.com/en/products/mathtype/ and download the demo
version of MathType. It's just a 30-day trial version, but even if you
decide not to buy, when the trial expires you'll be left with a fully
functioning version of something a little better than EE.

"Jeremy" wrote in message
I don't have my Microsoft office Cd and I need to install Microsoft

equation
editor 3.0 Does any one know how I can go about getting this with out

have
to pay for the cd again.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
M. Funk

Default I need Microsoft equations editor 3.0 but don't have CD to dnl

I recently upgraded to Office 2003. Today I noticed the equation editor 3.0
wasn't working. It's impossible to prepare a bracketed 1x3 or 3x3 matrix. For
some reason the angle bracket disappears when you attempt to prepare the
matrix. One issue was the absence of the Bookman Symbol 7 font, which was my
default for greek characters. Tried to track that down on the Microsoft site;
finally gave up and googled it (what a sad tale of woe that turned out to
be). I downloaded and installed the software that you suggested, but the
'brackets' map to images of stacked boxes. This is very frustrating, as the
eq editor's been working fine for years. Is there any way to get this going,
or is it just a lost cause?

"Jeremy" wrote in message
I don't have my Microsoft office Cd and I need to install Microsoft

equation
editor 3.0 Does any one know how I can go about getting this with out

have
to pay for the cd again.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You need to set Symbol (not Bookman Symbol 7) as the default font for Greek
characters.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

First, make sure that EE is not installed. Go to Insert | Object |

Create
new and make sure that Microsoft Equation 3.0 is not listed. If it is

not,
go to
http://www.dessci.com/en/products/mathtype/ and download the demo
version of MathType. It's just a 30-day trial version, but even if you
decide not to buy, when the trial expires you'll be left with a fully
functioning version of something a little better than EE.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Jeremy" wrote in message
I don't have my Microsoft office Cd and I need to install Microsoft

equation
editor 3.0 Does any one know how I can go about getting this with out

have
to pay for the cd again.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jitesh Shah Jitesh Shah is offline