Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
PaulG

Default InsertCaption

How can I insert a caption directly in a cell?
--
PaulG
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Insert | Caption doesn't work for you?

"PaulG" wrote in message
How can I insert a caption directly in a cell?
--
PaulG

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
PaulG

I normally prefer to insert captions in the Heading Row of Tables in order to
take advantage of the TableHeading Rows Repeat capability.

However, Captions seem to prefer to insert themselves outside Tables when
the cursor is located inside the Heading Row.

For this reason, I end up having to cut-and-paste Captions into Heading Rows
after the insertion.

--
PaulG

"PaulG" wrote in message
How can I insert a caption directly in a cell?
--
PaulG

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Yes, I remembered this after posting. I have no idea why a caption can't be
created (inline) in a table cell, but AFAIK inserting it and then moving it
is currently the only way to do this.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Insert | Caption doesn't work for you?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"PaulG" wrote in message
How can I insert a caption directly in a cell?
--
PaulG

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Muchty Muchty is offline

"PaulG" wrote:

How can I insert a caption directly in a cell?
--
PaulG

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Have you tried it? It doesn't work.

"Muchty" wrote in message

"PaulG" wrote:

How can I insert a caption directly in a cell?
--
PaulG

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Insert it outside the table and then use cut and paste. Alternatively,
save an existing caption as an AutoText entry (see
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/customization/AutoText.htm) and then insert
the AutoText.

--
Stefan Blom