Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carolina Jessamine Carolina Jessamine is offline

Default I WANT widow orphan control, but it's not working for me

Like most people, widow-orphan control is enabled by default on my computer.
But sometimes widow-orphan control just will not work. For example, right
now, I have a paragraph that all fits on a page excepf for one word, which
displays on the next page. I pulled up the widow-orphan menu, and sure
enough, it's enabled.

This happens to me a lot. Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Is the paragraph next to a wrapped object? Word gets confused in such
situations, I've found.

"Carolina Jessamine" wrote in
message ...
Like most people, widow-orphan control is enabled by default on my

computer.
But sometimes widow-orphan control just will not work. For example, right
now, I have a paragraph that all fits on a page excepf for one word, which
displays on the next page. I pulled up the widow-orphan menu, and sure
enough, it's enabled.

This happens to me a lot. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carolina Jessamine Carolina Jessamine is offline

You're right!! There is a graphic on my letterhead stationery that I wasn't
even aware of. Thanks for solving the mystery!

C J

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is the paragraph next to a wrapped object? Word gets confused in such
situations, I've found.

"Carolina Jessamine" wrote in
message ...
Like most people, widow-orphan control is enabled by default on my

computer.
But sometimes widow-orphan control just will not work. For example, right
now, I have a paragraph that all fits on a page excepf for one word, which
displays on the next page. I pulled up the widow-orphan menu, and sure
enough, it's enabled.

This happens to me a lot. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

It's always nice to know what's causing a problem even if it doesn't help to
fix it. But I agree it's still a PITA that there's no way to fix it. One
thing I've found is that if I view the document in Normal view, I can see
that Word is totally ignoring the wrapped object and thinks it's breaking
the page as if the text were full-width.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Is the paragraph next to a wrapped object? Word gets confused in such
situations, I've found.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Carolina Jessamine" wrote