Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kat H. Kat H. is offline

Default Default Settings

Somehow all of my defaults got changed in Word 2007. I was wondering if there
was some way to restore everything back to the original defaults that it came
with?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Here's the quick way: With Word closed, rename the normal.dotm template and
delete the Data key in the registry.

See also http://word.mvps.org/faqs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm (note that these
articles do not describe the exact steps for Word 2007).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Kat H." wrote in message
Somehow all of my defaults got changed in Word 2007. I was wondering if
there
was some way to restore everything back to the original defaults that it
came
with?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Kat H.[_2_] Kat H.[_2_] is offline

I don't have administrative privileges on this computer. Is there another
way? Or am I just going to have to wait until someone decides to make a
restore to microsoft default button and scream at my computer for a while.

"Kat H." wrote in message
Somehow all of my defaults got changed in Word 2007. I was wondering if
there
was some way to restore everything back to the original defaults that it
came
with?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Have you tried making the changes suggested? If it doesn't work, talk to the
administrator.

Indeed, it is bad practice not to allow users to have their own settings.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Default settings D.H. Cesare New Users 2 August 22nd 07 08:33 PM
Default settings Mike E. Microsoft Word Help 1 October 3rd 06 05:54 AM
Default Settings Christine Microsoft Word Help 1 May 26th 06 04:58 AM
default settings jinkiej Microsoft Word Help 1 August 18th 05 06:08 PM
Default settings Jack Microsoft Word Help 3 March 23rd 05 01:29 PM