Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
assaf1978 assaf1978 is offline

Default 2 questions

Hi,
How do i add the following:
1) A check box that by a single click I mark it and unmark it
2) A text (or a text box) that has a built in text that when I click it, the
text disappears.

Thanks,
Assaf.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
p0 p0 is offline

On 12 jan, 09:11, assaf1978
wrote:
Hi,
How do i add the following:
1) A check box that by a single click I mark it and unmark it
2) A text (or a text box) that has a built in text that when I click it, the
text disappears.

Thanks,
Assaf.

In Word 2007, you can find controls on the Developer tag. If you don't
have a developer tag, click the Office button in Word, choose Word
options, and select "Show developer tab in the ribbon" from the
popular tab.

There is a checkbox which does what you want.

The textbox needs some extra coding. You can set its default text
using the Text property. In the code window, you would handle the
MouseUp event.

' === Begin code ===
Private Sub TextBox1_MouseUp(ByVal Button As Integer, ByVal Shift As
Integer, ByVal X As Single, ByVal Y As Single)

If TextBox1.Text = "Default text" Then
TextBox1.Text = ""
End If

End Sub
' === End code ===

Yves
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Much depends on how you intend to use the document. Both can be addressed
with a protected form, or if you require free editing in the document, with
macrobutton fields http://www.gmayor.com/Macrobutton.htm

assaf1978 wrote:
Hi,
How do i add the following:
1) A check box that by a single click I mark it and unmark it
2) A text (or a text box) that has a built in text that when I click
it, the text disappears.

Thanks,
Assaf.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
assaf1978 assaf1978 is offline

Can you please tell me how both of them can co-exist under protected form?
when I protect the document to use the check box, I cannot edit text....

assaf1978 wrote:
Hi,
How do i add the following:
1) A check box that by a single click I mark it and unmark it
2) A text (or a text box) that has a built in text that when I click
it, the text disappears.

Thanks,
Assaf.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

They can't both co-exist. You either use a protected form with form fields
or macrobutton fields. The link I posted earlier shows how to create
checkable boxes with the latter.

assaf1978 wrote:
Hi,
How do i add the following:
1) A check box that by a single click I mark it and unmark it
2) A text (or a text box) that has a built in text that when I click
it, the text disappears.

Thanks,
Assaf.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You have a choice: you can use form fields, which allows you to have a
single-click check box, but then you have to add text form fields where you
want text entry, and you have to protect the document. Or you can use
MacroButton fields, which don't require document protection. They allow you
to click in the field and replace it, but the check box requires macros (see
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Add_Toggle_Objects.htm) and also requires a
double-click to check/uncheck.

http://word.mvps.org

assaf1978 wrote:
Hi,
How do i add the following:
1) A check box that by a single click I mark it and unmark it
2) A text (or a text box) that has a built in text that when I click
it, the text disappears.

Thanks,
Assaf.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

If you want to go with macrobutton fields, you can set an option to make
them use a single-click instead of a double-click. This is described in the
section "Double-click or single-click" of
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...nksInForms.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

questions exciter New Users 2 February 7th 08 02:29 PM
Two TOC questions Ed Microsoft Word Help 4 June 15th 07 09:55 AM
Questions Questions - Cngo Microsoft Word Help 5 June 27th 06 05:40 PM
Three questions...? Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft Word Help 11 July 4th 05 01:36 AM
2 questions Nospam New Users 2 May 27th 05 02:15 PM