Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Gordon Shumway Gordon Shumway is offline

Default Word 2007 Table of Figures

I have a Word 2007 document that when I have more than one figure on a page,
only the first figure is shown in the Table of Figures (TOF). For example,
one page has Figures 6 and 7, so Figure 7 will not show up in the TOF. If I
put in blank lines so Figure 7 is on the next page, it will now show up in
the TOF. Is there an easy solution to this ?? These are very small
figures, and should be on the same page.

TIA

GS
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

That is certainly strange. Can you reproduce the behavior in another
document?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Gordon Shumway" wrote in message
news
I have a Word 2007 document that when I have more than one figure on a
page,
only the first figure is shown in the Table of Figures (TOF). For
example,
one page has Figures 6 and 7, so Figure 7 will not show up in the TOF. If
put in blank lines so Figure 7 is on the next page, it will now show up in
the TOF. Is there an easy solution to this ?? These are very small
figures, and should be on the same page.

TIA

GS

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

It's, of course, the caption and not the figure that is caught in by the TOC.
When you show nonprinting characters (click the ¶ on the home tab), is each
caption in its own paragraph?

Pam

Gordon Shumway wrote:
I have a Word 2007 document that when I have more than one figure on a page,
only the first figure is shown in the Table of Figures (TOF). For example,
one page has Figures 6 and 7, so Figure 7 will not show up in the TOF. If I
put in blank lines so Figure 7 is on the next page, it will now show up in
the TOF. Is there an easy solution to this ?? These are very small
figures, and should be on the same page.

TIA

GS

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

But even if the two captions are in the same paragraph, they should still be
*visible* in the table of figures (as a single entry).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP