Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Bugya Bugya is offline

Default Dividing a sheet and mailmerge

I am new to this and a bit lost. I'm not even sure how to describe what I am
trying to do.

I am in the process of making auction tags. Each tag will have the item
number on the top in a large format and below that a discription and blank
boxes below that to fill in bidder information. I would like to have three of
these sheets per sheet of paper. I'm not sure how to configure the sheet
properties
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Set the mail merge main document type to Directory (or before Word XP, it
was called Catalog) and set up one tag in the way that you want it, with two
hard returns at the bottom of it. It should of course take up no more than
one third of the page and you should format the paragraphs so that they are
kept together.

Then execute the merge to a new document.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Bugya" wrote in message
I am new to this and a bit lost. I'm not even sure how to describe what I
am
trying to do.

I am in the process of making auction tags. Each tag will have the item
number on the top in a large format and below that a discription and blank
boxes below that to fill in bidder information. I would like to have three
of
these sheets per sheet of paper. I'm not sure how to configure the sheet
properties

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Bugya Bugya is offline

I must be doing something wrong. It placed all of the items on top of each
other.

I'm using a table broken into 5 boxes. It appears that I have the merge
working but I only get one table per sheet, not the three that I am trying to
accomplish. I'm trying not to waste paper.

Thanks for your help

"Bugya" wrote in message
I am new to this and a bit lost. I'm not even sure how to describe what I
am
trying to do.

I am in the process of making auction tags. Each tag will have the item
number on the top in a large format and below that a discription and blank
boxes below that to fill in bidder information. I would like to have three
of
these sheets per sheet of paper. I'm not sure how to configure the sheet
properties

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Are you sure that you have set the mail merge main document to the Directory
type? If your tag is set up as a table, you should have nothing after it in
the mailmerge main document other than the empty paragraph mark that cannot
be deleted.

Dividing LindaCoedy Tables 1 March 23rd 21 06:51 PM
Dividing pages Mary Lou Page Layout 3 November 3rd 07 01:40 PM
how to print the mailmerge data sheet Swin Microsoft Word Help 1 February 15th 07 03:08 PM
Only first sheet of labels will print from MailMerge BruceR Mailmerge 1 March 7th 05 06:21 PM
dividing a document Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft Word Help 0 November 23rd 04 03:25 PM