Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
john john is offline

Default Automate label merge

I hope this is the right group.
I've made a Word document with a label merge. The data is coming from an
Access table. Via a hyperlink in Access I'm opening this document. When I
click the hyperlink, the document opens and I have to confirm that I want to
run the sql query on the Access table and I have to go through part of the
label wizard again to do the actual merge. I'd like to be able to automate
the merge proces so that when I click the hyperlink in Access the document
opens and gets merged automatically and is ready for print. Is this
possible? Maybe with a command line?
Thanks,
john

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Access has a perfectly good Label Report Wizard. Why not use that?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"john" wrote in message
I hope this is the right group.
I've made a Word document with a label merge. The data is coming from an
Access table. Via a hyperlink in Access I'm opening this document. When I
click the hyperlink, the document opens and I have to confirm that I want
to run the sql query on the Access table and I have to go through part of
the label wizard again to do the actual merge. I'd like to be able to
automate the merge proces so that when I click the hyperlink in Access the
document opens and gets merged automatically and is ready for print. Is
this possible? Maybe with a command line?
Thanks,
john

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
john john is offline

Reason is that on our network this specific Avery label is not offered in MS
Access, but is offered in Word. I've done a request to get that label in
Access as well, but that may take a long time. In the meantime I would like
to do the merge in Word.
john

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" schreef in bericht

"john" wrote in message
I hope this is the right group.
I've made a Word document with a label merge. The data is coming from an
Access table. Via a hyperlink in Access I'm opening this document. When I
click the hyperlink, the document opens and I have to confirm that I want
to run the sql query on the Access table and I have to go through part of
the label wizard again to do the actual merge. I'd like to be able to
automate the merge proces so that when I click the hyperlink in Access
the document opens and gets merged automatically and is ready for print.
Is this possible? Maybe with a command line?
Thanks,
john

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You receive the "Opening this will run the following SQL command" message
when you open a Word mail merge main document that is linked to a data
source - http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=825765

"john" wrote in message
I hope this is the right group.
I've made a Word document with a label merge. The data is coming
from an Access table. Via a hyperlink in Access I'm opening this
document. When I click the hyperlink, the document opens and I have
to confirm that I want to run the sql query on the Access table and
I have to go through part of the label wizard again to do the
actual merge. I'd like to be able to automate the merge proces so
that when I click the hyperlink in Access the document opens and
gets merged automatically and is ready for print. Is this possible?
Maybe with a command line? Thanks,
john

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
john john is offline

I don't mind that message as the user has to click only once to pass. What I
don't like is the fact that the user has to go through the rest of the
wizard, at least that's what I think is the only option.
john

"Graham Mayor" schreef in bericht

"john" wrote in message
I hope this is the right group.
I've made a Word document with a label merge. The data is coming
from an Access table. Via a hyperlink in Access I'm opening this
document. When I click the hyperlink, the document opens and I have
to confirm that I want to run the sql query on the Access table and
I have to go through part of the label wizard again to do the
actual merge. I'd like to be able to automate the merge proces so
that when I click the hyperlink in Access the document opens and
gets merged automatically and is ready for print. Is this possible?
Maybe with a command line? Thanks,
john

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
john john is offline

It's the Avery, code: L7162 (99.1x33.9 mm) which is not available in our
Access installation (Access XP 2002).

"john" wrote in message
I hope this is the right group.
I've made a Word document with a label merge. The data is coming from
an Access table. Via a hyperlink in Access I'm opening this document.
When I click the hyperlink, the document opens and I have to confirm
that I want to run the sql query on the Access table and I have to go
through part of the label wizard again to do the actual merge. I'd like
to be able to automate the merge proces so that when I click the
hyperlink in Access the document opens and gets merged automatically
and is ready for print. Is this possible? Maybe with a command line?
Thanks,
john

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

How about J8162, J8362, J8562 or L7562. They are all the same dimensions.

In addition, in the Access Label Wizard dialog, you can click on the
Customize button and then click on the Add button and define your own label
in a similar way to which that can be done in Word.