Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tom T.

Default How do I save the insertion point location in a Word template?

I want to create a memo template in Word with the initial insertion point in
a specific location (unsurprisingly, a tab stop after the "To:" When I open
a document based on the template I have just created - which I thought saved
the insertion point where I want it - the document opens with insertion point
at the beginnning of the document.

How do I save the linsertion point location in a Word template? Any help is
appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Insert a bookmark at that point and create an AutoNew macro that goes to
that bookmark (you can record the action of using Go To to go to the
bookmark). Save the AutoNew macro in the specific template (not in
Normal.dot).

WP merge file to Word sstires Tables 4 February 14th 06 06:26 PM
How do I create a Word form like corel WP merge documents? dlee_at_mmsgov Microsoft Word Help 2 October 8th 05 06:29 AM
apply a template to existing documents Bubba Gump Shrimp Page Layout 2 July 28th 05 04:46 PM