Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JRTU JRTU is offline

Default Top border of image not appearing

In other words, for Microsoft Office 2003:

- Left-click once on your image.
- Click the line spacing toolbar button (it looks like a double-sided arrow
next to four lines)
- Click the "More" button that appears
- Click the spinner button next to "Before" and choose "Automatic" line
spacing before the paragraph.

For Microsoft Office 2007:

- Left-click once on your image.
- From the Home command tab, in the Paragraph group, click on the "line
spacing" button. A pull down list appears, so you select the option that says
"Add space before paragraph"
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
nsr21710 nsr21710 is offline

I tried that originally, but I didn't set it to Auto (used an actual number
instead). The Auto spacing fixed the issue. Thanks so much for your
suggestion!

"JRTU" wrote:

In other words, for Microsoft Office 2003:

- Left-click once on your image.
- Click the line spacing toolbar button (it looks like a double-sided arrow
next to four lines)
- Click the "More" button that appears
- Click the spinner button next to "Before" and choose "Automatic" line
spacing before the paragraph.

For Microsoft Office 2007:

- Left-click once on your image.
- From the Home command tab, in the Paragraph group, click on the "line
spacing" button. A pull down list appears, so you select the option that says
"Add space before paragraph"

Singletrack Singletrack is offline
Junior Member

In word 2007, the "add space before paragraph" did not work for me by itself.

My "normal" style was set to line space at 1.15. I had to left click the picture, click the line spacing options (as described above), and select 1.0 as the spacing increment. I left the "add space before paragraph" option selected and the issue was resolved.

Just posting this for others. I was so tired of that issue ... thanks to all who took the time to post suggestions.
lacatt lacatt is offline
Junior Member

Thanks, your suggestion worked for me.

Quote: