Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JMarlene JMarlene is offline

Default keys reversed on keyboard

Word started adding an automatic
\ (backslash) each time I hit the return key (at the beginning of each line,
when I hit the return or when I hit the return to print, etc.) When I hit
the "\ " key it automatically treats it like the enter key and takes me to
the next line. How do I stop this so I don't have to automatically remove
them? Some how the
\ key and the return key were switched.
\Thanks for your help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?Sk1hcmxlbmU=?=,

Word started adding an automatic
\ (backslash) each time I hit the return key (at the beginning of each line,
when I hit the return or when I hit the return to print, etc.) When I hit
the "\ " key it automatically treats it like the enter key and takes me to
the next line. How do I stop this so I don't have to automatically remove
them? Some how the
\ key and the return key were switched.

Which version of Word is this? And of Windows?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)