Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LA LA is offline

Default Selection Is locked

When I open microsoft word 2007 , I can not create a new docuement nor do
anything else , when i try to type , a message comes up in the bottom left
hand corner saying "This Modifiction is not allowed because the selection is
locked" , I haven't locked it or anything , and i've been through all the
word help and still can't fix it !!!!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Maybe you have a trial version of Office 2007, and the trial
period has ended. Or maybe you have not activated your Office
software.

What happens if you start Word 2007 and click on Office Button
(that's the big round thing at the upper left corner of the Word
window) | Word Options | Resources | Activate? If you are already
activated, a dialog box saying so will appear. If you are not
activated, the Activation Wizard will start. If you have an
expired trial version, a dialog box will prompt you to enter a
valid product key or convert (purchase a key) online.