Alistair

Default Customised toolbars in Word 2003

When I customise the toolbars and then exit, the customisation is lost. Excel
2003 seems to work.
Graham Mayor

This is usually caused by a problem add-in preventing saves to normal.dot.
Currently Acrobat 7 is the common offender. if you have this, see
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm

Alistair wrote:
When I customise the toolbars and then exit, the customisation is
lost. Excel 2003 seems to work.

Alistair

Yeap, Acrobat 7 is installed and whilst the PDF Menu and toolbar are both
present I don't have a PDFMaker.Dot in the Word startup folder !

I will try uninstalling Acrobat and see if I can save my Toolbar. If it
works I'll make my changes to the Toolbar and then reinstall Acrobat ! How
about that for a work around !

Alistair wrote:
When I customise the toolbars and then exit, the customisation is
lost. Excel 2003 seems to work.

Graham Mayor

You haven't read the web page to the end
Acrobat 7 does not use a DOT add-in.
Press the SHIFT key whilst accessing the File menu and all kinds of
mysteries will unfold.

Alistair wrote:
When I customise the toolbars and then exit, the customisation is
lost. Excel 2003 seems to work.

Alistair

Ah, the wonders of the modern world ! Now I'll try and see what happens when
I press the control and alt keys too !

Many thanks, I have used the Save all and it works just fine.

Sanity saved, mission accomplished !

Alistair wrote:
When I customise the toolbars and then exit, the customisation is
lost. Excel 2003 seems to work.

Charles Kenyon

Careful with that Alt key. You may end up dragging a command or menu off
your interface!
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.