wilderman22 wilderman22 is offline
Junior Member

Default Transferring customised toolbars

Hi,

I have installed Word 2000 onto a new computer, and I want to be able to transfer all of my customised toolbars from my old computer.

Can anyone tell me what file(s) I need to copy over?

Thanks very much,

Steven
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans

That depends where your customizations are held.

If you have saved them in your normal template (which you will have by
default) then Normal.dot is the file you want - and that will include
various other customizations as well. By default it is a hidden file in the
User Templates location (See Tools Options File Locations tab). Your new
installation has most likely already created a new normal.dot but unless you
know you have put something specific in it that you want to keep, you will
probably lose nothing by overwriting it (but if uncertain, rename it first).

If you have saved them in other templates or documents, then only you know
where.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"wilderman22" wrote in message

Hi,

I have installed Word 2000 onto a new computer, and I want to be able
to transfer all of my customised toolbars from my old computer.

Can anyone tell me what file(s) I need to copy over?

Thanks very much,

Steven

--
wilderman22

wilderman22 wilderman22 is offline
Junior Member

Thanks very much to you both for your replies.

Cheers,

Steven