Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Joe McGuire Joe McGuire is offline

Default Signatures and Letterheads

I know this sounds elementary but how can I get my firm letterhead into an
electronic format where I can use it in Word? And sign it? As it is now, I
cannot create and send a letter on our letterhead electronically without
first printing it on letterhead paper, signing it, scanning it and saving it
as a pdf file, and then finally e-mailing it. A long way to Tipperary,
indeed! And utterly impossible if I am travelling! Meanwhile other people
routinely send me signed letters in Word. Of course, our firm had the
letterhead created using fonts that we don't have in our various laser
printers, so merely recreating it in Word as headers, footers, etc. plainly
won't work. Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
StressMonkey StressMonkey is offline

Take the pieces that go into your letterhead and create jpg's out of them.
Insert where needed and it will print. Even if it does not print the font
when used as text, it will print as a jpg or however you create it. Does
that make sense?