Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Seamus_Handy Seamus_Handy is offline

Default Using Tables in Outline View

How can I include a table in outline view and assign it an outline level (eg
3) so that I can hide it like I can hide Headings with level 3 outline?
I am using Word 2003

Thanks for your help
Seamus
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In theory, you can assign outline levels (Format | Paragraph, Indent and
Spacing tab) to paragraphs in table cells, but note that it probably won't
work properly when you show and hide levels in Outline view.

I believe the best you can do is format the table as hidden text: Select the
table and then click Format | Font. On the Font tab, check "Hidden." When
you want to show the text again, clear the option.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Seamus_Handy" wrote in message
How can I include a table in outline view and assign it an outline level
(eg
3) so that I can hide it like I can hide Headings with level 3 outline?
I am using Word 2003

Thanks for your help
Seamus

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Seamus_Handy Seamus_Handy is offline

Thanks Stefan for the reply.
Unfortunately I am trying to apply the drag&drop capability of Word Outline
to a table so it seems I cannot do that.

Seamus