Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
SeanF74 SeanF74 is offline

Default Numbering formats and Fields

I have a list of equations in a word document that I need to add a reference
(the first equation in the document will be equation A, the second will be
equation B, etc). So I need a numbering field. However, when I get to
equation 28 I want the format to be AB, then 29 to be AC, not BB, CC like the
default A, B, C€¦ numbering gives you. However, I will be adding other
equations randomly throughout the document and referring to the equation
reference in text paragraphs, so I would like them to auto update when I add
another equation in the middle of the document. Does anyone know how to make
a new numbering format or how I can do the above numbering format with a
field?

Thanks,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The more times you post the same question, the less likely you are to get an
answer (or the less likely you are to be able to find it). Note that
notifications don't work, so you will have to find your way back on your
own.

http://word.mvps.org